After much experimentation and reading of acne.org forums, I have found a simple vitamin regimen that keeps me virtually 100% clear. The regimen requires taking the vitamins with food, several times per day. When I take all of the vitamins once per day, too low of a dosage, or without food, I don’t stay as clear. I manage to stay acne free even while drinking 2-3 cups of coffee per day by using these supplements. Note: when I drink alcohol or sleep for less than 8 hours more than two days in a row, I always get at least one skin blemish, regardless of other factors.
This list of over the counter acne pills that work (for me):
1) 3-4 times per day, with food: 25-50 mgs of Zinc
2) 2-3 times per day, with food: Vitamin B complex
3) 2-3 times per day, with food: 3 mgs of Boron
4) 1-2 times per day, with food: any multivitamin
5) 2-3 times per day, with food: 1000 IUs of Vitamin D
6) Walk in the sun for at least 15 minutes per day, around noon.
7) Sleep for 8.5+ hours per night, going to bed at the same time each night
I don’t eat processed sugar or flour, eliminating all gluten. I haven’t attempted the above system while eating gluten or sugar, but it works wonders when eating a paleo diet.
1 Reply to “Vitamins and Acne: Pills That Work”
I’ve started taking the supplements but am at a loss with the diet. I’m vegan and cant do the paleo diet because it contains meat. I started cutting out gluten today…sugar may be tough. Any suggestions for me? Thanks!